Electrical Design Engineering
About the Program
The objective of this course is to provide the candidates the Detail knowledge and skills in Electrical Design discipline to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job.
The design and construction of industrial plants involve a multi-disciplinary team effort. The goal is to design safe and dependable processing facilities in a cost-effective manner. The fact is that there are very few formal training programs that focus on design and engineering of Electrical systems of such big industrial plants. Our Electrical Design Engineering Program is designed by Industry experts that cover the best approaches and most in-use practices for Electrical Systems Design & Engineering for Oil and Energy Sector.
This course is to provide delegates the Detail knowledge and skills into Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning operation & Maintenance in the field of Electrical Engineering for Oil & Energy Sector.
- Introduction to oil and Energy Industry
- Role of Electrical Design Engineer in Industry
- Engineering Procurement and construction (EPC) contracts.
- Codes & Standards, Design Basis, std. practices and specifications
- Electrical Drawings and Documentations
- Fundamentals of Electrical Design & Engineering
- Developments of Single Line Diagrams and Control Schematics
- Load Estimation of Plants
- Selection, Sizing and Protections of Electrical Equipments
- Cables Selection, Sizing and Cable Routing
- Plant Lighting System Design & Illumination Design
- Fundamentals of Plant Earthing Design and Protections
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Substation / Switchyard Design
- System Studies (Load Flow, Short Circuit Analysis)
About The Course
Mode / Duration
- Weekend- 2 Months
- Online- 3 Months
Get hands-on experience in applying design tools & techniques to real engineering problems and understand Design, Engineering, Construction, O & M, etc. Thus, become a Technology Driven Engineering Professional.
Delivered by Senior Industry Professionals having extensive experience in Design & Engineering in diverse domains & industries. These practitioners are also Empanelled as subject matter experts with SmartBrains Engineers & Technologist Pvt. Ltd.
Get 24 x 7 access to SmartBrains LMS platform (Online/Offline) with Abundant Content on Process Engineering including Courseware (PPT / PDF), data, case studies, articles, books, videos, examples, presentations, resource library & related more.
Job Oriented Outcomes
Fill the Void of Talent Shortage in Design Engineering by becoming eligible for thousands of High Paying Jobs in India & Abroad with an upgraded profile through this skill & certification. Additionally, Get Promoted from your current position with the added skill set.
- Introduction to power system & EPC contacts
- Various forms of energy and energy conversion
- Conventional power sources – coal-fired, hydro and nuclear power plants
- Renewable power sources – Solar, wind, biomass
- Transmission and distribution of electricity
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Introduction of key electrical equipment used in projects
- Overview of Codes & Standards IEC / ANSI / IEEE
- What is an EPC Contacts
- The tender & procurement process
- The scope of works
- Consideration aspects in site selection.
- Estimation of plant electrical load
- Preparation of load schedule.
- Determination of power supply capacity.
- Standby capacity consideration.
- Rating of generators in relation to prime movers.
- Importance of max and min temp.
- Rating of motors in relation to their driven machines.
- Engineering Drawings
- Introduction to Single-line and 3-line diagrams.
- Design & Development of – Key SLD – Detail SLD – Lighting system SLD- Small power SLD
- Introduction to Control schematics.
- Logic gates and logic diagrams.
- Cabling and wiring drawings.
- Lighting layout design.
- Cable routing layout.
- Earthing layout design.
- Lightning layout design.
- Layout drawings for different applications.
- Electrical equipment selection sizing and protections
- Selection, Sizing, Protection, Specification, Data-Sheet, Vendor Data Review of following Electrical Equipment Generators, Transformers, Motor Equipment Protection, Power Capacitor Banks, HV/MV/LV Switch Gears, HV/MV/LV Capacitor Bank, Power Reactor, CT/PT, Bus Duct, AC UPS, DC UPS, Variable Speed Drives
- Cables selection, sizing, and cable routing
- Power and Control Cable
- Cable selection
- Cable sizing for Low voltage system
- Cable sizing for High voltage system
- Voltage Drop Consideration
- Let through Energy consideration
- Earth Fault Loop Impedance consideration
- Cable Schedule
- Cable interconnection Schedule
- Selection and Sizing of Cable Tray
- Cable tray schedule
- Cable Drum schedule
- Conduit Selection
- Cable routing Layout
- Cable Tagging &Installation details
- Plant lighting & illumination design
- Type of Lighting Fixtures
- Selection of Lighting Fixtures
- Preparation Of Fixture Schedule
- Indoor Illumination Calculation
- Outdoor Illumination Calculation
- Street Lighting calculations
- Calculations on Software
- Lighting Layout Design
- Lighting Installation Detail
- Incandescent lamps, high intensity. discharge lamps, mercury vapor, metal halide lamps, fluorescent lamps, compact fluorescent lamps, LEDs.
- Luminaire concepts.
- Fundamentals of plant earthing design and surge protection
- The requirement of Earthing in Industrial Plants
- Earthing Design calculations
- Type of Earthing and Details
- Earthing Installation Details
- Earthing Layout Design
- Power supply System Grounding
- Equipment (Protective) Earthing
- Ground Electrode System
- Lightning Protection Requirement
- Lightning Protection Calculation
- Lightening Installation Details
- Lightening Layout Design
- Material Take Off
- Surge Protection
- Surge Protection – Surges: Types and methods of coupling. – Protection of electrical components against surges. – Surge protection zones and protection grading.
- Hazardous area classification
- Zone /Division Classification
- Types of Protection for Hazardous Areas
- Hazardous source List Preparation
- Certification of Hazardous Area Equipment
- Marking of Equipment Nameplates
- Substation / SwitchYard Design
- Type of Sub-Stations
- Legislation, Standards,
- Drawings and Documents
- Substation Layout and Equipment
- Surge Arresters, Line Traps,
- Power Insulators,
- Bushings, Bus bars, and Connectors
- CT, PT, PLCC, BPT- Protection, Lighting, – Substation Earthing Protections
- System studies and calculations
- Short circuit analysis (Fault calculation and stability studies).
- Load flow analysis.
- Motor starting study.
- Harmonics study.
- Relay coordination study.
- Other modules based on attendees’ request and time permitting.
- System studies practice on software
SmartBrains is associated with The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) as the Training and Certification partner for various job oriented training programs across various sectors including Oil & Gas, Power, Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon, IT & ITs, Electronics, Telecom, Agriculture, Life science etc. offering assessment based Training & certifications for a gamut of job profile.
Who should join?
- Working professionals in Domains: Site Engineering, Construction & Commissioning operation & Maintenance, Technicians in Electrical Engineering Field.
- Students (Electrical Engineering, Diploma in Electrical Engineering) who want to develop their career in Design Engineering.
For Corporate queries
A-25, Sector-59, Noida (UP),India
Connect with Program Advisor
+91 9891108002 | +91 9891108700
- Lectures 0
- Training Mode Online|Classroom
- Duration 70 hours
- Certification Yes (NSDC)
- Students 0
- Assessment Yes (Third Party)