Heat Exchanger (5 Days Workshop)
About the Program
The objective of this course is to provide the candidates the Detail knowledge and skills in Heat Exchanger to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job.
In almost any nuclear, chemical, or mechanical system, heat must be transferred from one fluid to another. Heat exchangers are used to transferring heat from one fluid to another. A basic understanding of the mechanical components of a heat exchanger is essential to understanding how they function and operate.
Almost all industrial processes require some form of heat exchange. Oil refineries, power stations, chemical plants and HVAC installations, all must exchange heat. But how you do this in a controlled and efficient manner? What equipment is involved and how does this equipment work? This course will answer all of these questions and many more!
- By the end of this course, you will be able to identify the common types of heat exchanger (plate, shell, and tube).
- You will be aware of the various designs (parallel, cross and counterflow).
- You will know the advantages and disadvantages of each heat exchanger type.
- You will know the components of each type of heat exchanger.
- You will understand the reasoning for the type and design of heat exchanger employed for certain applications.
- You will understand how heat exchanger fouling can occur and what causes it.
- Identify different types of a heat exchanger.
- Know the advantages and disadvantages associated with each heat exchanger type.
- Identify single and multi-pass heat exchangers.
- Identify regenerative and non-regenerative heat exchanger systems.
- Identify cross, parallel and counterflow designs.
- Know terminology for the shell and tube heat exchanger, and plate heat exchanger.
- Know common reasons for heat exchanger failure and fouling.
About The Course
Mode / Duration
- Weekend- 5 Days
- Online- 5 Days
Get hands-on experience in applying design tools & techniques to real engineering problems and understand Design, Engineering, Construction, O & M, etc. Thus, become a Technology Driven Engineering Professional.
Delivered by Senior Industry Professionals having extensive experience in Design & Engineering in diverse domains & industries. These practitioners are also Empanelled as subject matter experts with SmartBrains Engineers & Technologist Pvt. Ltd.
Get 24 x 7 access to SmartBrains LMS platform (Online/Offline) with Abundant Content on Process Engineering including Courseware (PPT / PDF), data, case studies, articles, books, videos, examples, presentations, resource library & related more.
Job Oriented Outcomes
Fill the Void of Talent Shortage in Design Engineering by becoming eligible for thousands of High Paying Jobs in India & Abroad with an upgraded profile through this skill & certification. Additionally, Get Promoted from your current position with the added skill set.
- Types and applications of heat exchangers
Shell-and-tube heat exchangers
Compact plate-fin exchangers
- Fundamentals of heat exchanger performance
- Energy balance
- Rating methods
- Pressure drop
- Performance margins
- Heat exchanger selection criteria
- Operating Conditions
- Maintenance needs
- Material selection
- Mechanical considerations
Temperature and pressure
- Single-phase applications
- Heat transfer coefficients
- Pressure drop
- Extended surfaces
- Boiling applications
- Boiling fundamentals
- Two-phase pressure drop
- Typical services
- Boiling fundamentals
- Condensing applications
- Condensing fundamentals
- Pressure drop considerations
- Condenser geometries
- Operational problems
- Venting and draining
- Reboiler problems
- Temperature pinch
- Use of field data
- Typical mechanical defects/degradation
SmartBrains is associated with The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) as the Training and Certification partner for various job oriented training programs across various sectors including Oil & Gas, Power, Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon, IT & ITs, Electronics, Telecom, Agriculture, Life science etc. offering assessment based Training & certifications for a gamut of job profile.
Who should join?
- Working professionals in Domains: Site Engineering, .Construction & Commissioning operation & .Maintenance, Technicians in Process Engineering Field.
- Students (Chemical Engineering, Diploma in Chemical .Engineering) who want to develop their career in Design Engineering.
For Corporate queries
A-25, Sector-59, Noida (UP),India
Connect with Program Advisor
+91 8955560560 | +91 9891108700
- Lectures 0
- Training Mode Online|Classroom
- Duration 24 hours
- Certification Yes (NSDC)
- Students 0
- Assessment Yes (Third Party)