Process Design Engineering
About the Program
The objective of this course is to provide the candidates the Detail knowledge and skills in Process Design discipline to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job.
This course designed to provide basic knowledge and skills in this discipline of Process Engineering for Oil & Gas sector. This course will cover the fundamental principles and concepts used in process plant layout and process design & Detailing. Upon completion of this course, students will have a clear understanding of the design principles used in Process System Design for Oil & Gas Energy Sector.
This course is to provide delegates the Detail knowledge and skills into Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning operation & Maintenance in the field of Process Engineering for Oil & Energy Sector.
- Overview of Industry and role of a Process Engineer in various fields
- Basic design requirements based on the types of plants / projects
- Overview of Basic Engineering Package
- Introduction to PFD, P&ID and PDS, Equipment list, line list
- Basic design requirements based on the types of plants / projects.
- Development of PFD, PFD specification,
- Development of P&ID,
- Relevant Codes and Standards used in industry
- Development of PFD: Process & Utility
- Mass and Energy balance – Design Basis, Sample Calculations and Utility Sizing
- Control Philosophy, Valves Selection and sizing, Safety valves sizing
- Development of P&ID: Process and Utility,
- Line Sizing & Pressure Drop Calculations
- Hydraulic calculations
- Pump Selection and sizing
- Heat Exchanges Design (Thermal Design)
- Distillation Column Design
- Process Data Sheets Preparations
- Preparations of Major Process Documents
- Various Process Simulations
- Available Software used in industry and their applications.
About The Course
Mode / Duration
- Weekend- 2 Months
- Online- 3 Months
Get hands-on experience in applying design tools & techniques to real engineering problems and understand Design, Engineering, Construction, O & M, etc. Thus, become a Technology Driven Engineering Professional.
Delivered by Senior Industry Professionals having extensive experience in Design & Engineering in diverse domains & industries. These practitioners are also Empanelled as subject matter experts with SmartBrains Engineers & Technologist Pvt. Ltd.
Get 24 x 7 access to SmartBrains LMS platform (Online/Offline) with Abundant Content on Process Engineering including Courseware (PPT / PDF), data, case studies, articles, books, videos, examples, presentations, resource library & related more.
Job Oriented Outcomes
Fill the Void of Talent Shortage in Design Engineering by becoming eligible for thousands of High Paying Jobs in India & Abroad with an upgraded profile through this skill & certification. Additionally, Get Promoted from your current position with the added skill set.
- Introduction to Oil and Gas Industry & EPC Contracts
- General Industry overview and basic concepts
- Oil and gas prospecting(exploration)
- Oil and gas production facilities
- What is an EPC CONTRACT?
- The tender & procurement process
- Introduction to Process Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Refining Overview
- Hydrocarbon Process Examples
- Typical Refinery Block Diagram
- Typical Refinery Processes
- Process Engineering
- Nature of Design
- Process Engineering Applications
- Process Equipment
- Process Work Flow
- Engineering Flow Diagrams- Block Flow Diagram, PFD, P&ID, Process Control Diagram, System Distribution Diagram, Plot Plan and Elevation Drawings
- Process Sizing Calculations for Plant Design
- Line Sizing (Single Phase)
- Line Sizing (Two-Phase)
- Centrifugal Pump Hydraulics
- Process Equipment Sizing Calculations for Plant Design
- Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger
- Packed Columns
- Tray Columns
- Gas-Liquid (Two-Phase) Separators
- Liquid-Liquid (Two-Phase) Separators
- Process Data Sheets Preparation
- Static Equipment
- Utility Packages
- Equipment for Process Designing
- Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer– Fluid Flow in Piping, Line Sizing Criteria, Heat Transfer and Radiation
- Pumps and Pumping Systems
– Types of Pumps- Performance Characteristics Curves, System Hydraulics, Affinity Laws, Capacity, Turndown, Sparing
– Key Design Parameters, Capacity factors, Properties, Head, NPSH, Horsepower
– Compressor Categories and Types
– Compression Process
– Adiabatic, Isothermal, Polytropic
– Compressor Characteristics Performance, Terminology, System Curves
– Requirements, Affinity Laws
- Control Valves
– Flow Characteristics
– Vortices, Separation
– The pressure to Flow Relationships
– Choked Flow Conditions (Critical Flow)
– Cavitation and Flashing
- Process Vessels
– Mechanical Design
– Simple Calculations
– Types and Functions
- Heat Exchangers
– Basic Principles of Heat Exchanger Design
- Pumps and Pumping Systems
- Preparation of Major Process Documents
- Process Design Basis
- Fluid List
- Line List/Tie-in-point List
- Equipment List with Short Specification
- Catalyst & Chemicals Summary
- Utility Consumption Summary
- Flare Load Summary
- Effluent Summary
- Process Simulation
- Butane, LPC column simulation
- Light Neptha, CO2 Absorber
- Striper Design Hook-ups/isometric diagram
SmartBrains is associated with The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) as the Training and Certification partner for various job oriented training programs across various sectors including Oil & Gas, Power, Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon, IT & ITs, Electronics, Telecom, Agriculture, Life science etc. offering assessment based Training & certifications for a gamut of job profile.
Who should join?
- Working professionals in Domains: Site Engineering, .Construction & Commissioning operation & .Maintenance, Technicians in Process Engineering Field.
- Students (Chemical Engineering, Diploma in Chemical .Engineering) who want to develop their career in Design Engineering.
For Corporate queries
A-25, Sector-59, Noida (UP),India
Connect with Program Advisor
- Lectures 0
- Training Mode Online|Classroom
- Duration 70 hours
- Certification Yes (NSDC)
- Students 0
- Assessment Yes (Third Party)