ELECTRICAL POWER CABLES & WIRING STANDARDS (2 Days Workshop)
About the Program
The objective of this course is to provide the candidates the Detail knowledge Electrical Power Cabel & Wiring Standards to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job.
The objective of this course is to provide knowledge of electrical power cables and wiring standards to engineer and technician. This course will cover the fundamental principles and concepts used in electrical power cables designing, manufacturing, installation & standards. After completion of this course, Engineer & technician will have a clear knowledge of electrical power cable designing & standards.
- Role of power cables in the electrical system
- Fundamentals concepts of electrical power cables & wiring standards
- Cables and accessories of the electrical system
- Designing and construction of power cables
- Selection of power cables in the electrical system
- Electrical power cable failures
- The basic principle of safety measures parameters
- Information about cable protection and cable testing
About The Course
Mode / Duration
Get hands-on experience in applying design tools & techniques to real engineering problems and understand Design, Engineering, Construction, O & M, etc. Thus, become a Technology Driven Engineering Professional.
Delivered by Senior Industry Professionals having extensive experience in Design & Engineering in diverse domains & industries. These practitioners are also Empanelled as subject matter experts with SmartBrains Engineers & Technologist Pvt. Ltd.
Get 24 x 7 access to SmartBrains LMS platform (Online/Offline) with Abundant Content on Process Engineering including Courseware (PPT / PDF), data, case studies, articles, books, videos, examples, presentations, resource library & related more.
Job Oriented Outcomes
Fill the Void of Talent Shortage in Design Engineering by becoming eligible for thousands of High Paying Jobs in India & Abroad with an upgraded profile through this skill & certification. Additionally, Get Promoted from your current position with the added skill set.
- Role of power cables in electrical systems
- Main issues in ensuring trouble-free operation of cabling in power distribution
- Earthing and its importance
- Various functions of earthing in electrical installations
- CABLES AND ACCESSORIES
- Low and high voltage cables
- Advantages over overhead transmission lines
- Disadvantages of cables in power transmission
- Various types of cables
- Cable jointing (splicing) accessories
- Need for termination kits
- Installation of cables
- CONSTRUCTION OF CABLES
- Basic constructional aspects
- Application areas
- Cable standards
- SELECTION AND INSTALLATION OF CABLES
- Selection criteria
- Special locations
- Fire prevention and fire protection for cable installations
- CABLE FAILURES
- Types of failures
- Reasons for failures
- Fault location
- Electrical tests for detection of cable faults
- Safety issues in fault location
- Analysis of failures
- Documentation of work and failures
- INTRODUCTION TO REGULATIONS
- Structure of international and national wiring regulations
- Foundation electrical principles and terminology
- Scope of regulations
- Requirements for safety
- PROTECTION FOR SAFETY
- Basic and fault protection
- Effects of shock on the human body and livestock (IEC 60479)
- Electrical hazards
- Calculation of disconnection times
- Voltage disturbances and protection against overvoltage
- Operating gangways
- Measures against electromagnetic disturbances
- CABLE PROTECTION
- Selecting protective devices
- Calculation of adiabatic heating effect
- Effect of harmonic currents – thermal effects
- Parallel cables
- INSPECTION AND TESTING
- Test Instruments
- Certification including reference to new documentation
SmartBrains is associated with The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) as the Training and Certification partner for various job oriented training programs across various sectors including Oil & Gas, Power, Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon, IT & ITs, Electronics, Telecom, Agriculture, Life science, etc. offering assessment based Training & certifications for a gamut of job profile.
Who should join?
- Working professionals in Domains: Site Engineering, Construction & Commissioning operation & Maintenance, Technicians in Electrical Engineering Field.
- Students (Electrical Engineering, Diploma in Electrical Engineering) who want to develop their career in Design Engineering.
For Corporate queries
A-25, Sector-59, Noida (UP),India
Connect with Program Advisor
+91 8955560560 | +91 9891108700
- Lectures 0
- Training Mode Online|Classroom
- Duration 12 hours
- Certification Yes (NSDC)
- Students 0
- Assessment Yes (Third Party)