Electrical Power Distribution (5 Days Workshop)
About the Program
The objective of this Workshop is to provide the candidates the Detail knowledge Electrical Power Distribution discipline to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job.
The objective of this course is to provide basic information and skills in this discipline of electrical power distribution. This course will cover the fundamental principles and concepts used in the electrical power distribution system. After completion of this course, Engineer & the technician will have a clear knowledge of electrical power Distribution substations connect to the transmission system and lower the transmission voltage to medium voltage ranging between 2 kV and 35 kV with the use of transformers.
- Introduction to Distribution System Planning
- Overview of transformer
- Installation of transformer
- Explain switchgear and Power cable used in an electrical power distribution system
- Fundamentals of Electrical Protection
- Design and layout of earthing technologies and safety measures
- Power quality
- Improvement of power factor
About The Course
Mode / Duration
Get hands-on experience in applying design tools & techniques to real engineering problems and understand Design, Engineering, Construction, O & M, etc. Thus, become a Technology Driven Engineering Professional.
Delivered by Senior Industry Professionals having extensive experience in Design & Engineering in diverse domains & industries. These practitioners are also Empanelled as subject matter experts with SmartBrains Engineers & Technologist Pvt. Ltd.
Get 24 x 7 access to SmartBrains LMS platform (Online/Offline) with Abundant Content on Process Engineering including Courseware (PPT / PDF), data, case studies, articles, books, videos, examples, presentations, resource library & related more.
Job Oriented Outcomes
Fill the Void of Talent Shortage in Design Engineering by becoming eligible for thousands of High Paying Jobs in India & Abroad with an upgraded profile through this skill & certification. Additionally, Get Promoted from your current position with the added skill set.
- Distribution System Planning
- The need for system planning
- Approach to system planning
- Data collection
- Protection of future growth of electricity demand
- Location of key assets
- Selection of basic system parameters
- Planning of electrical system configuration
- Equipment ratings/sizing
- Selection of appropriate equipment
- System studies needed for planning
- Transformer theory
- Construction, cooling, voltage control
- Power transformers and distribution transformers
- Installation of transformers
- Fire protection measures for large transformer installations
- Indoor and outdoor construction
- Metal enclosed switchgear basics
- Major components
- Safety features
- Switchgear ratings
- Typical switchgear example
- Circuit breakers
- Types of circuit breakers
- Comparison of various breakers
- Construction of typical circuit breaker
- Fault detection of cable installations
- Power Cables
- Types and construction of cables
- Basic design, selection, and sizing
- Insulating materials for LV and HV cables
- Accessories for Cable installation
- Fault detection of underground cable installations
- High voltage power transmission using cables
- Fundamentals of protection
- Need for protective apparatus, basic requirements
- Components of protection systems
- Protection in distribution systems
- Protective relays for circuit breaker application
- Role of fuses in LV and MV distribution
- Protection integrated into LV devices
- Importance of settings and coordination of protective relays
- Earthing and safety
- Electrical shock – why does it happen?
- Touch and step potential (voltage)
- Direct and indirect contact
- Role of electrical insulation in safety
- Avoiding electric shock-different approaches
- Earthing of power supply and its safety implications, the role of earthing of equipment enclosures in human safety
- Earthing in outdoor installations
- Lightning safety, lightning protection of structures
- Power quality
- What is power quality?
- Need for improving power quality
- Variations in voltage amplitude and reasons
- Equipment sensitivity
- Handling voltage abnormalities
- Tackling voltage fluctuations and flicker
- Effect of power interruptions and needs of equipment
- Redundancy and automation
SmartBrains is associated with The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) as the Training and Certification partner for various job oriented training programs across various sectors including Oil & Gas, Power, Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon, IT & ITs, Electronics, Telecom, Agriculture, Life science, etc. offering assessment based Training & certifications for a gamut of job profile.
Who should join?
- Working professionals in Domains: Site Engineering, Construction & Commissioning operation & Maintenance, Technicians in Electrical Engineering Field.
- Students (Electrical Engineering, Diploma in Electrical Engineering) who want to develop their career in Design Engineering.
For Corporate queries
A-25, Sector-59, Noida (UP),India
Connect with Program Advisor
+91 8955560560 | +91 9891108700
- Lectures 0
- Training Mode Online|Classroom
- Duration 24 hours
- Certification Yes (NSDC)
- Students 0
- Assessment Yes (Third Party)