Heating, Ventilation And AIR-CONDITIONING (HVAC): Design & Engineering
About the Program
The objective of this course is to provide the candidates the Detail knowledge and skills in HVAC Design discipline to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job.
This HVAC course is designed as per International Code & Standard Aligned to current Industry demand that will enable candidates to secure their jobs in various domain of HVAC. The application of Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) controls starts with an understanding of the building and the use of the spaces to be conditioned and controlled. All control systems operate in accordance with a few basic principles but before we discuss these, let’s address a few fundamentals of the HVAC system first.
- The course provides the student with knowledge about:
- Background for requirement specifications for indoor air quality, energy supply, and energy use.
- Application of dynamic simulation software for the design of energy supply and climate systems, and for evaluation of indoor environment and energy efficiency
- System solutions for renewable energy production and heat storage
- System solutions for ventilation and tempering of rooms
- System solutions for domestic hot water supply, sewerage, and preparation of domestic hot water
- Methods for sizing of ventilation, heating, and cooling
- Principles of natural ventilation
- Methods for sizing of central heating systems
- Functional principles of components of air conditioning plants; filters, dampers, fans, ducts, pumps, valves, pipes, heat exchangers and control components
- Minimize forced outages and prevent serious damage to HVAC equipment
- Outline the technologies available for efficient energy management using HVAC systems
About The Course
Mode / Duration
- Weekend- 2 Months
- Online- 3 Months
Get hands-on experience in applying design tools & techniques to real engineering problems and understand Design, Engineering, Construction, O & M, etc. Thus, become a Technology Driven Engineering Professional.
Delivered by Senior Industry Professionals having extensive experience in Design & Engineering in diverse domains & industries. These practitioners are also Empanelled as subject matter experts with SmartBrains Engineers & Technologist Pvt. Ltd.
Get 24 x 7 access to SmartBrains LMS platform (Online/Offline) with Abundant Content on Process Engineering including Courseware (PPT / PDF), data, case studies, articles, books, videos, examples, presentations, resource library & related more.
Job Oriented Outcomes
Fill the Void of Talent Shortage in Design Engineering by becoming eligible for thousands of High Paying Jobs in India & Abroad with an upgraded profile through this skill & certification. Additionally, Get Promoted from your current position with the added skill set.
- Introduction to HVAC
- Principles of thermodynamics
- Pressure and temperature relationship
- Fundamentals of heat transfer
- Fundamentals of fluid flow
- Introduction to psychrometry
- The properties of air
- Understanding the psychrometric charts
- Requirements of Comfort air conditioning
- Air purification methods
- Thermodynamics of the human body
- Role of clothing
- Comfort and comfort chart
- Design considerations
- Requirements of temperature and humidity high heat load industries
- Recommended inside design conditions
- Indoor air quality
- Heating AND Cooling Load Calculation Procedure
- Design considerations
- Internal sensible and latent heat load components
- Design condition
- Indoor and outdoor conditions
- External load components
- Miscellaneous heat sources
- Fresh air load
- HVAC Systems
- Heating systems
- Hot water heating system
- Steam heating systems
- Electric heating systems
- Air-conditioning systems: General
- Air handling units
- Functional variations in the design
- Capacity calculation of an air handling unit
- Duct design, air flow, and its distribution
- Airflow and pressure losses
- Duct design
- Air distribution system inside space Ventilation systems
- Insulation of Air conditioning systems AND Air Conditioning
- Equipment Desired properties of an ideal
- Insulating material
- Factors affecting thermal conductivity
- Types of insulation materials
- Insulated systems
- Importance of relative humidity for the selection of insulation
- Air-conditioning equipment
- Air filters, humidifiers, dehumidifiers
- Installation, Commissioning, Operation, and Maintenance
- Charging the refrigeration unit
- Adding oil to the compressor
- Other service operations
SmartBrains is associated with The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) as the Training and Certification partner for various job oriented training programs across various sectors including Oil & Gas, Power, Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon, IT & ITs, Electronics, Telecom, Agriculture, Life science etc. offering assessment based Training & certifications for a gamut of job profile.
Who should join?
- Working professionals in Domains: Site Engineering, .Construction & Commissioning operation & .Maintenance, Technicians in Mechanical Engineering Field.
- Students (Mechanical Engineering, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering) who want to develop their career in Design Engineering.
For Corporate queries
A-25, Sector-59, Noida (UP),India
Connect with Program Advisor
+91 8955560560 | +91 9891108700
- Lectures 0
- Training Mode Online|Classroom
- Duration 50 hours
- Certification Yes (NSDC)
- Students 0
- Assessment Yes (Third Party)