Power System Analysis (5 Days Workshop)
About the Program
The objective of this Workshop is to provide the candidates the Detail knowledge of Power System Analysis to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job.
This course provides a thorough study of the power system data necessary, and the methods commonly used in the analysis of power systems utilizing computer software. The following types of studies are covered: short circuit, load flow, motor starting, cable ampacity, stability, harmonic analysis, switching transient, reliability, ground mat, protective coordination, power system modeling.
- Understand the purpose for and techniques involved in power system studies;
- Principles involved in data acquisition in support of power system studies;
- The purpose of system studies during the design stage of power distribution systems;
- The purpose of system studies for existing power distribution systems;
- The advantages of power system analysis software in the design of complex modern power systems;
- The benefits and restraints associated with the critical analytical solution methods that are available or are the basis for valid techniques in solving power system problems;
- The techniques involved in modeling a power transformer;
- The techniques involved in modeling overhead power lines;
- The per unit system for expressing variables in power system calculation;
- The purpose for and the techniques involved in a transformer tap study;
- The critical aspects of a system load flow study and its use in power system design;
- Use of the load flow study to access power system performance and voltage profiles;
- Understand the concept of Thevenin’s equivalent;
- The purpose for and techniques involved in short circuit analysis;
- The purpose for and techniques involved in determining the dc component of fault current;
- The concept of and the techniques for power system modeling;
- How to model power system loads and their differences for power system calculations and studies;
- How to model generators in power system calculations and studies;
- The methods utilized by computer programs for power system analysis;
- The various factors affecting the results and accuracy of short circuit studies;
- The salient principles, methodologies, and computational procedures suggested by the North American IEEE and ANSI C37 standards.
About The Course
Mode / Duration
Get hands-on experience in applying design tools & techniques to real engineering problems and understand Design, Engineering, Construction, O & M, etc. Thus, become a Technology Driven Engineering Professional.
Delivered by Senior Industry Professionals having extensive experience in Design & Engineering in diverse domains & industries. These practitioners are also Empanelled as subject matter experts with SmartBrains Engineers & Technologist Pvt. Ltd.
Get 24 x 7 access to SmartBrains LMS platform (Online/Offline) with Abundant Content on Process Engineering including Courseware (PPT / PDF), data, case studies, articles, books, videos, examples, presentations, resource library & related more.
Job Oriented Outcomes
Fill the Void of Talent Shortage in Design Engineering by becoming eligible for thousands of High Paying Jobs in India & Abroad with an upgraded profile through this skill & certification. Additionally, Get Promoted from your current position with the added skill set.
- Applications of power system analysis
- Analytical procedures
- System modeling
- Computer solutions and systems
- Load flow studies
- Short-circuit studies
- Stability studies
- Motor-starting studies
- Harmonic analysis studies
- Switching transient studies
- Reliability studies
- Cable ampacity studies
- Ground mat studies
- Coordination studies
- DC auxiliary power system analysis
SmartBrains is associated with The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) as the Training and Certification partner for various job oriented training programs across various sectors including Oil & Gas, Power, Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon, IT & ITs, Electronics, Telecom, Agriculture, Life science, etc. offering assessment based Training & certifications for a gamut of job profile.
Who should join?
- Working professionals in Domains: Site Engineering, Construction & Commissioning operation & Maintenance, Technicians in Electrical Engineering Field.
- Students (Electrical Engineering, Diploma in Electrical Engineering) who want to develop their career in Design Engineering.
For Corporate queries
A-25, Sector-59, Noida (UP),India
Connect with Program Advisor
+91 8955560560 | +91 9891108700
- Lectures 0
- Training Mode Online|Classroom
- Duration 24 hours
- Certification Yes (NSDC)
- Students 0
- Assessment Yes (Third Party)