Steel Beam Design (2 Days Workshop)
About the Program
The objective of this course is to provide the candidates the Detail knowledge and skills in Steel Beam Design to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job.
For engineers that are still making the transition from Allowable Stress Design to LRFD or the AISC 13th Edition version of ASD, it is helpful to gain an understanding of the basic design concepts that pertain to the analysis of steel and composite beams. This course will provide the user with an understanding of basic steel and composite beam design to better comprehend the input requirements and output results when using the latest design software that employs LRFD or ASD.
- Understand the basic concepts of LRFD and ASD beam design
- Be able to design a steel beam for flexural bending
- Have an understanding of the effects of lateral torsional buckling
- Have an understanding of the effects of the local flange and web buckling
- Understand the difference between compact, non-compact sections
- Understand what a slender section is
- Be able to design a steel beam for shear
- Have an understanding of the effects of local web yielding
- Have an understanding of the effects of web crippling
- Have an understanding of the effects of sideways web buckling
- Be able to design a steel beam for serviceability
- Be able to design a composite steel beam
- Understand what a shear connector is
- Have an understanding of full composite action
- Have an understanding of partial composite action
About The Course
Mode / Duration
Get hands-on experience in applying design tools & techniques to real engineering problems and understand Design, Engineering, Construction, O & M, etc. Thus, become a Technology Driven Engineering Professional.
Delivered by Senior Industry Professionals having extensive experience in Design & Engineering in diverse domains & industries. These practitioners are also Empanelled as subject matter experts with SmartBrains Engineers & Technologist Pvt. Ltd.
Get 24 x 7 access to SmartBrains LMS platform (Online/Offline) with Abundant Content on Process Engineering including Courseware (PPT / PDF), data, case studies, articles, books, videos, examples, presentations, resource library & related more.
Job Oriented Outcomes
Fill the Void of Talent Shortage in Design Engineering by becoming eligible for thousands of High Paying Jobs in India & Abroad with an upgraded profile through this skill & certification. Additionally, Get Promoted from your current position with the added skill set.
- Review of LRFD and ASD Beam Design
- Design for Flexural Bending:
- Lateral Torsional Buckling
- Local Flange & Web Buckling
- Compact, Non-Compact Sections
- Slender Sections
- Design for Shear:
- Local Web Yielding
- Web Crippling
- Sideways Web Buckling
- Design for Serviceability
- Composite Beam Design
- Shear Connectors
- Full Composite Action
- Partial Composite Action
- Designing for Serviceability
SmartBrains is associated with The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) as the Training and Certification partner for various job oriented training programs across various sectors including Oil & Gas, Power, Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon, IT & ITs, Electronics, Telecom, Agriculture, Life science, etc. offering assessment based Training & certifications for a gamut of job profile.
Who should join?
- Working professionals in Domains: Site Engineering, Construction & Commissioning operation & Maintenance, Technicians in Civil & Structural Engineering Field.
- Students (Civil Engineering, Diploma in Civil Engineering) who want to develop their career in Design Engineering.
For Corporate queries
A-25, Sector-59, Noida (UP),India
Connect with Program Advisor
+91 8955560560 | +91 9891108700
- Lectures 0
- Training Mode Online|Classroom
- Duration 12 hours
- Certification Yes (NSDC)
- Students 0
- Assessment Yes (Third Party)