Steel Column Design
About the Program
The objective of this course is to provide the candidates the Detail knowledge and skills in Steel Column Design to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job.
The purpose of this course is to introduce the user to the design and analysis of columns, and other axially loaded members, members subject to the combined effects of bending and axial loads, local column failure modes, and how to design for column stiffeners, base plates, and anchor rods.
- Become knowledgeable of the basis for the design of steel columns
- Understand how an axially loaded member is subject to flexural buckling
- Understand how an axially loaded member is subject to torsional buckling
- Understand how an axially loaded member is subject to flexural-torsional buckling
- Gain an understanding of the design basis for the analysis of members subject to combined bending and axial loads
- Become knowledgeable of local column flange bending effects
- Become knowledgeable of local column web yielding affects
- Become knowledgeable of local column web crippling effects
- Become knowledgeable of local column web compression zone buckling affects
- Become knowledgeable of local column web panels zone shear affects
- Understand the design basis for column stiffeners and other similar forms of reinforcement and
- Become knowledgeable of the design of column base plate and anchor rods.
About The Course
Mode / Duration
Get hands-on experience in applying design tools & techniques to real engineering problems and understand Design, Engineering, Construction, O & M, etc. Thus, become a Technology Driven Engineering Professional.
Delivered by Senior Industry Professionals having extensive experience in Design & Engineering in diverse domains & industries. These practitioners are also Empanelled as subject matter experts with SmartBrains Engineers & Technologist Pvt. Ltd.
Get 24 x 7 access to SmartBrains LMS platform (Online/Offline) with Abundant Content on Process Engineering including Courseware (PPT / PDF), data, case studies, articles, books, videos, examples, presentations, resource library & related more.
Job Oriented Outcomes
Fill the Void of Talent Shortage in Design Engineering by becoming eligible for thousands of High Paying Jobs in India & Abroad with an upgraded profile through this skill & certification. Additionally, Get Promoted from your current position with the added skill set.
- Axially Loaded Members
- Flexural Buckling
- Torsional Buckling
- Flexural-Torsional Buckling
- Combined Bending and Axial Loaded Members
- Local Bending of the Column Flange
- Local Web Yielding
- Web Crippling
- Web Compression Buckling
- Web Panel Zone Shear
- Column Stiffeners & Other Reinforcement
- Base Plates and Anchor Rods
SmartBrains is associated with The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) as the Training and Certification partner for various job oriented training programs across various sectors including Oil & Gas, Power, Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon, IT & ITs, Electronics, Telecom, Agriculture, Life science, etc. offering assessment based Training & certifications for a gamut of job profile.
Who should join?
- Working professionals in Domains: Site Engineering, Construction & Commissioning operation & Maintenance, Technicians in Civil & Structural Engineering Field.
- Students (Civil Engineering, Diploma in Civil Engineering) who want to develop their career in Design Engineering.
For Corporate queries
A-25, Sector-59, Noida (UP),India
Connect with Program Advisor
+91 8955560560 | +91 9891108700
- Lectures 0
- Training Mode Online|Classroom
- Duration 12 hours
- Certification Yes (NSDC)
- Students 0
- Assessment Yes (Third Party)